Are you passionate about creating new ways to deliver company updates?
You are a Marketing and Communications professional looking to make an impact in a large and diversified company. With your previous internal communications experience, you will work closely with Business leaders and HR Directors when rolling out new employee programs and other key internal initiatives, and provide guidance on developing communication plans in support of business objectives. Working in a collaborative team environment, you will help to drive Earls' culture by utilizing your experience to create compelling content that engages employees in Earls' vision.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Earls Kitchen + Bar is a family-run business, launched by father and son, Leroy Earl “Bus” Fuller and Stanley Earl Fuller in the early ‘80s and is also one of North America’s most successful independent restaurant groups. There are about 7,000 employees at 69 locations from Vancouver to Miami. Earls started with a simple idea: a laid-back burger and beer joint. Earls' early success was based on innovation, the best ingredients and great service.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- Personal spending account to help support a healthy, active lifestyle
- Earls 50% discount card for food and drinks at all Earls and Joeys restaurant locations
- Leadership development programs
- Career development and opportunity for advancement
- Awards and recognition
- Team building events
- Lead a project to streamline internal communications to all Earls locations.
- Acts as a resource to Heads of Departments when rolling out key internal initiatives; provides guidance on developing communication plans in support of business objectives.
- Uses a creative marketing approach, with a variety of tactics, for communication initiatives to encourage greater employee engagement.
- Collect feedback on and report on the success or opportunities of the project.
- Produce timely, targeted and accurate internal communications.
- Content/communications editing (stylistic, substantive and audience editing) created or organized by other cross-functional departments that will be released to the stores.
- Ensure our internal communication strategy is consistent across The Dish & myEarls and aligns with the organization’s vision + strategic objectives.
- Builds and drives content, including sourcing/writing/editing for internal use; ensures content is specific to intended audience groups
- In partnership with the VP, Talent & Technology ensure the overall visual design, site navigation, site content, engagement and coordination with key stakeholders and oversight of the technology.
- Support in strategic Employer Brand initiatives with the Manager, Talent Acquisition.
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year of internal communications experience with a focus on understanding business requirements and delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to develop internal communications strategies and implement tactics to help maintain and strengthen company culture
- Must be able to work independently and stay organized to manage multiple priorities
- A great sense of humour
- Naturally drawn to personal development and growth
- An organized multitasker with great attention to detail
- Big team player – able to be both a leader and also support those around them
- Experience working in a restaurant
- A serious passion for food – we like to eat around here (sometimes wine is involved
Be sure to include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.