Do you love creeping Instagram and finding a great account? Do you enjoy thinking up creative marketing strategies, then bringing them to life? Are you detail-oriented with a passion for helping others?
The role of Regional Brand + Marketing Manager is to assist in the creation and lead the implementation of a vision for Regional Marketing that entices guests to Earls and takes into account similarities and differences across regions and stores. You will also act as a liaison between the Stores and Marketing to ensure the brand is well represented in all regions.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Earls Kitchen + Bar is a family-run business, launched by father and son, Leroy Earl “Bus” Fuller and Stanley Earl Fuller in the early ‘80s and is also one of North America’s most successful independent restaurant groups. There are about 7,000 employees at 69 locations from Vancouver to Miami. Earls started with a simple idea: a laid-back burger and beer joint. Earls' early success was based on innovation, the best ingredients and great service.
- Liaise with Regional Marketing Director/VP Brand + Marketing to develop strategic regional marketing plans that align with the larger corporate strategic objectives
- Foster and develop relationships with restaurant operators (GM, Head Chef, Marketing Coordinator, Events Manager (if applicable) to increase marketing engagement at store level
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to encourage brand consistency across the regions and to simplify execution in market
- Work with stores to assess which community events they should be a part of and support with marketing strategies and materials
- Support local store marketing activities to ensure consistent messaging and brand imagery
- Ensure national promotions are effectively communicated to all stores
- Ensure all major initiatives (promotions/campaigns/media events) are evaluated and provide on-going feedback and recommendations about how to improve execution
- Share findings garnered from when working in the field with Regional Marketing Director and Operations
- Responsible for tracking results and reporting on ROI of all regional programs
- Lead regional brand and marketing strategy development with guidance from the Regional Marketing Director
- Assist in creating best practice documents that can be executed at a store level
- Work closely with Culinary + Ops to ensure guest facing promotional materials reflect the market differences
- Work closely with GMs re. Partnership opportunities (Tourism, BIA, Concierge, advertising etc) in their select communities
- Build strategies to grow market share and ensure consistent brand messaging across all regions
- Competitive analysis - keeping a good pulse on competitive landscape in region
- Assist in managing workload of Regional Marketing Coordinator
- Manage all aspects of brand and marketing for new store openings, tests, etc.
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Business or Communications
- Experience: 3-5 years previous marketing, communications or PR experience; understanding of restaurant operations (ideally previous working experience in restaurant)
- Job is based in Toronto with training in Vancouver + Winnipeg
- Travel: This role will require heavy travel
OTHER THINGS WE LOOK FOR
- Experience working in a restaurant
- A serious passion for food – we like to eat around here (sometimes wine is involved)
- A great sense of humour
- Open to personal development and growth
- Big team player – able to be both a leader and also support those around them
Be sure to include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.