As a Brand Engagement Manager at Earls, your main portfolio pieces will include and not be limited to the management of our gift card program, as well as a portion of our ongoing marketing promotions. You will supervise these complex business areas, receiving assignments in the form of objectives with goals delivering results on business objectives.
Your strengths include exceptional project management skills, analytical thinking, communication skills both internally and externally, and the drive to deliver results on business objectives. You love problem solving and tackling marketing initiatives as much as you love our food and drink. And, aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty with the support of an incredibly open and diverse team.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Earls Kitchen + Bar is a family-run business, launched by father and son, Leroy Earl “Bus” Fuller and Stanley Earl Fuller in the early ‘80s and is also one of North America’s most successful independent restaurant groups. There are about 7,000 employees at 69 locations from Vancouver to Miami. Earls started with a simple idea: a laid-back burger and beer joint. Earls' early success was based on innovation, the best ingredients and great service.
While keeping these core values, Earls has become a trend setting high end restaurant group known for ‘unchaining the chain’ with customized new build locations, and innovative improvements to existing restaurants. We are a force to be reckoned with in the restaurant industry where employees and partners feel a strong sense of pride representing the Earls brand.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health care benefits (including a healthy lifestyle spending account)
- Earls 50% discount card for food and drinks at all Earls Kitchen + Bar and JOEY Restaurants locations
- Leadership programs with career development and opportunity for advancement
- Awards and recognition
- Team building events
Marketing + Communication Planning
- You will be responsible for contributing to the annual marketing plan for your initiatives driving the company’s efforts to achieve aggressive growth and profitability.
- You will develop marketing plans for specific projects that deliver on our business objectives.
- You will be responsible for finding the most effective way to communicate the key messages to the widest audience.
- You will build your strategies off of consumer insights, competitive industry knowledge and trends in design, tech, culinary and culture.
- You will work with internal partners to gain insights to inform your plans, sometimes in a collaborative working session.
- Key pieces of your portfolio will include management of our gift card program, as well as a portion of our ongoing marketing promotions.
- You will be responsible for the planning, execution, and budget of our store, corporate and third-party gift card programs.
- You will work closely with the internal team on developing campaign plans for both the gift card program and our marketing promotions.
- You will work closely with third-party partners to support our gift card program growth.
- You will develop KPIs for all campaigns and deliver complete reporting post campaign.
- You will lead photo shoots as required.
- You will take on new initiatives that help drive the business and brand forward.
- You will help support the stores and Brand + Marketing team as required.
- You will contribute to brand strategy bringing new thinking to increasing brand relevancy and differentiate us from the competition.
- You will develop creative briefs and key messages that build the brand and deliver on our business objectives.
- You will evaluate creative against the brand strategy.
- You will ensure consistency across all brand touch-points and act as an internal brand ambassador for a cohesive brand look and feel.
- You will look to elevate existing gift card partnerships with third-party partners to help grow sales and achieve our business objectives.
- You will occasionally work with external agency partners to develop conceptual thinking and creative output.
- You will plan and administer your budgets ensuring every project delivers on budget.
- You will reconcile your budgets monthly and provide updates to the VP.
- You will develop appropriate measurement to evaluate marketing initiatives and track results.
- You have 2-3 years in a Marketing or Agency role preferably working on a progressive / innovative brand.
- You are a strong analytical thinker.
- You have demonstrated experience leading larger-scale marketing projects.
- You are driven to deliver results and are passionate about exceeding business objectives.
- You are also a creative and innovative thinker, ready to collaborate with other team members and departments to continue to propel a growing organization to achieve its aggressive goals.
- You have exceptional communication and influencing skills and are able to build relationships internally and externally through confidence and a positive attitude.
- You have effective, succinct and convincing written communications.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a drive to succeed.
- You have a strong work ethic and are able to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
- You like to have fun.
- A degree in Marketing or Communications is required.
- Experience working with gift card, loyalty, or CRM programs
- A great sense of humour
- An organized multi-tasker with great attention to detail
- Big team player – able to be both a leader and also support those around them
- Experience working in a restaurant
- A serious passion for food – we like to eat around here (sometimes wine is involved)
Be sure to include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Earls is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, free from discrimination. We believe bringing together people of all backgrounds, experiences and abilities is essential to our success, and brings us closer to living our purpose to Make Life Awesome.
All employment decisions inclusive of recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotions and terminations are based on qualifications, competencies and merit, without the consideration of any legally protected ground. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.