Earls Kitchen + Bar is hiring a Project Manager, Construction + Facilities to join our Store Development team. The role is based out of Earls head office in Vancouver.
If you are a Project Manager who is interested in being part of a cross functional collaborative team that is pushing industry boundaries and never builds the same project twice, this role is for you.
This role requires someone with a high degree of construction management skills, construction and design knowledge, and ability to lead projects from start to finish. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record with high growth new store openings in addition to remodels and special projects.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Earls Kitchen + Bar is a family-run business, launched by father and son, Leroy Earl “Bus” Fuller and Stanley Earl Fuller in the early ‘80s and is also one of North America’s most successful independent restaurant groups. There are about 7,000 employees at 67 locations from Vancouver to Miami. Earls started with a simple idea: a laid-back burger and beer joint. Earls' early success was based on innovation, the best ingredients and great service.
While keeping these core values, Earls has become a trend setting high end restaurant group known for ‘unchaining the chain’ with customized new build locations, and innovative improvements to existing restaurants. We are a force to be reckoned with in the restaurant industry where employees and partners feel a strong sense of pride representing the Earls brand.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- Personal spending account to help support a healthy, active lifestyle
- Earls 50% discount card for food and drinks at all Earls and Joeys restaurant locations
- Leadership development programs
- Career development and opportunity for advancement
- Awards and recognition
- Team building events
- Manage new restaurant builds and legacy restaurant renovation throughout your regional portfolio from initial site identification through the design and construction process to deliver key milestones and metrics.
- Manage project schedule and progression from project kick-off to completion.
- Create project estimates for Capital Committee approval with collaboration from Interior Design.
- Track and manage construction budgets, as well as close-out and reconcile all project costs.
- Oversee transactional vendor relations (scope development, bidding, PO’s, vendor deliverables, invoicing).
- Interface with consultants, general contractors, trades, vendors, landlord, and municipal staff to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Work and develop cross functional relationships with general managers, head chefs, and regional directors within your regional portfolio, assisting as a subject matter expert with construction requests and providing guidance through the process for their better understanding and learning.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution of issues and risks.
- Collaborate with Store Design, Real Estate, Restaurant Operations, Accounting and other key departments.
- Mentor and guide the Project Specialist appointed to manage and execute your Regional Portfolio Capital Projects and Facilities Plan.
- Provide guidance and feedback to your Project Specialist to promote their personal and professional development.
- Integrate into the Store Development team, be a team player, participate in team activities, be a good and dependable colleague.
- Minimum 3 years project management experience within a retail/restaurant construction environment
- Bachelor degree in Architecture, Engineering, Commerce or PMP Certification
- Must be versatile and able to manage multiple projects in various stages of the life cycle within your region.
- Experience managing construction budgets, value engineering conversations.
- Experience in contract and change order negotiation skills
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications
- Practiced in store development processes and vendor management
- Good balance of assertiveness and collaboration to find amicable solutions
- Self-motivated leader with strong decision making, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proven leadership skills within a team and a desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Confidence in dealing with people (internal and external) and resolving issues diplomatically
- Ability to travel in North America
- Team player ready to be part of a dynamic, energetic and hardworking interior design and construction family. High level of professionalism is a must.
- Good balance of assertiveness and collaboration to find amicable solutions.
- Self-motivated leader with strong decision making skills.
- Positive individual with a can-do attitude.
- Open to personal development and growth.
Be sure to include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Earls is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, free from discrimination. We believe bringing together people of all backgrounds, experiences and abilities is essential to our success, and brings us closer to living our purpose to Make Life Awesome.
All employment decisions inclusive of recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotions and terminations are based on qualifications, competencies and merit, without the consideration of any legally protected ground. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.