Earls Kitchen + Bar is hiring a Project Specialist, Construction + Facilities to join our Store Development team. The role is based out of Earls head office in Vancouver.
If you are a Project Specialist who is interested in being part of a cross functional collaborative team that is pushing industry boundaries and never builds the same project twice, this role is for you.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Earls Kitchen + Bar is a family-run business, launched by father and son, Leroy Earl “Bus” Fuller and Stanley Earl Fuller in the early ‘80s and is also one of North America’s most successful independent restaurant groups. There are about 7,000 employees at 67 locations from Vancouver to Miami. Earls started with a simple idea: a laid-back burger and beer joint. Earls' early success was based on innovation, the best ingredients and great service.
While keeping these core values, Earls has become a trend setting high end restaurant group known for ‘unchaining the chain’ with customized new build locations, and innovative improvements to existing restaurants. We are a force to be reckoned with in the restaurant industry where employees and partners feel a strong sense of pride representing the Earls brand.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- Personal spending account to help support a healthy, active lifestyle
- Earls 50% discount card for food and drinks at all Earls and Joeys restaurant locations
- Leadership development programs
- Career development and opportunity for advancement
- Awards and recognition
- Team building events
- Work alongside a Project Manager to manage a Regional Portfolio. The team is accountable for executing , New Restaurant Builds, Minor Renovations, Capital Projects and Facilities.
- Manage and execute any and all Capital Projects and Facilities within your Regional Portfolio with the leadership of an appointed Project Manager. With the goal to have you develop your skill set to do Minor Renovations.
- Manage administrative work for the projects mentioned above, either directly or delegating to a Project Assistant.
- Coordinate logistics, delivery, and warranty inquiries of direct purchase items in collaboration with the appointed Project Manager and Interior Designer.
- Manage store kitchen equipment orders within your Regional Portfolio, including updating equipment track sheets, review key supplier contracts, vetting quotes, deliveries, installation, and warranty inquiries.
- Interface with consultants, general contractors, trades, vendors and landlord.
- Work and develop cross functional relationships with general managers, head chefs, and regional directors within your regional portfolio, assisting as a subject matter expert with construction requests and providing guidance through the process for their better understanding and learning.
- Develop and roll out process for Construction working cross functionally with key stakeholders in the business.
- Integrate into the Store Development team, be a team player, participate in team activities, be a good and dependable colleague.
- Project or facilities experience within a retail/restaurant construction environment
- PMP Certification or actively pursuing
- Must be versatile and able to manage multiple projects in various stages of the life cycle within your region.
- Good balance of assertiveness and collaboration to find amicable solutions
- Self-motivated leader
- Desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Confidence in dealing with people (internal and external) and resolving issues diplomatically
- Ability to travel in North America
- Team player ready to be part of a dynamic, energetic and hardworking interior design and construction family. High level of professionalism is a must.
- Good balance of assertiveness and collaboration to find amicable solutions.
- Self-motivated leader with strong decision making skills.
- Positive individual with a can-do attitude.
- Open to personal development and growth.
Be sure to include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Earls is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, free from discrimination. We believe bringing together people of all backgrounds, experiences and abilities is essential to our success, and brings us closer to living our purpose to Make Life Awesome.
All employment decisions inclusive of recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotions and terminations are based on qualifications, competencies and merit, without the consideration of any legally protected ground. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.