Do you love kitchen and bar design? Are you resourceful and have attention to detail? Earls is looking for a Kitchen & Bar Designer to join our Store Development Team.
The primary functions of this role are to create kitchen and bar designs for new build and renovation projects, and to manage a standards database.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Earls Kitchen + Bar is a family-run business, launched by father and son, Leroy Earl “Bus” Fuller and Stanley Earl Fuller in the early ‘80s and is also one of North America’s most successful independent restaurant groups. There are about 7,000 employees at 67 locations from Vancouver to Miami. Earls started with a simple idea: a laid-back burger and beer joint. Earls' early success was based on innovation, the best ingredients and great service.
While keeping these core values, Earls has become a trend setting high end restaurant group known for ‘unchaining the chain’ with customized new build locations, and innovative improvements to existing restaurants. We are a force to be reckoned with in the restaurant industry where employees and partners feel a strong sense of pride representing the Earls brand.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health care benefits (including a healthy lifestyle spending account)
- Earls 50% discount card for food and drinks at all Earls Kitchen + Bar and JOEY Restaurants locations
- Leadership programs with career development and opportunity for advancement
- Awards and recognition
- Team building events
- Preparing Back of House and Bar layouts
- BOH floor plan including all service/staff rooms, cookline, prep, dish, etc.
- Layout and coordination of equipment and equipment list for cookline, prep, and bars.
- Coordination of BOH areas with local/building MEP requirements
- Obtain and Review Site Requirements (Base building MEP supply, deliveries logistics, trash & recycling, water softener requirements.)
- Research and facilitate testing of new kitchen & bar equipment.
- Oversee K+B Project Specialist in equipment package estimating, tendering, installation during the construction phase, as well as deficiency and warranty follow up.
- Completing successful kitchen designs and installations on new build and renovation projects from initial design feasibility study.
- Construction drawing review and coordination of MEP.
- Kitchen Equipment Supplier coordination and shop drawing review.
- Maintain BOH, Kitchen & Bar “Standards.”
- Become a kitchen + bar equipment expert within the Earls organization, providing assistance and guidance to the restaurant culinary and operations teams.
- Travel to existing markets and new build locations as required.
- Liaise and coordinate effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of Back-of-House (BOH) requirements that includes, Project Management, Design Team, Real Estate, Operations, - Culinary Development, store General Managers, store Head Chefs, Contractors, material and equipment Suppliers.
- Monitor progress of project schedules and communicate with key stakeholders.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design and construction field within a restaurant, hospitality, or development organization.
- A degree or diploma in Building Technology or a degree or diploma in Interior Design with a speciality in kitchens.
- Very competent drafting plans in AutoCAD.
- Ability to read construction drawings, understanding architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical drawings and details.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Resourceful and high level of initiative.
- Great personality and willingness to collaborate and contribute to the Store Development team.
- PMP Certificate an asset.
- A sense of humour.
- A serious passion for food - we like to eat around here (sometimes wine is involved).
- Open to personal development and growth.
- The drive to succeed and the passion to be a part of Earls growth.
- Big team player – able to be both a leader and also support those around them.
Earls is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, free from discrimination. We believe bringing together people of all backgrounds, experiences and abilities is essential to our success, and brings us closer to living our purpose to Make Life Awesome.
All employment decisions inclusive of recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotions and terminations are based on qualifications, competencies and merit, without the consideration of any legally protected ground. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.