This role will impact the development experience of every one of our partners. It requires an analytical mind that solves problems and looks to the future for what's possible. You will build upon your instructional design skills to shape the next version of our learning and development architecture.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Earls Kitchen + Bar is a family-run business, launched by father and son, Leroy Earl “Bus” Fuller and Stanley Earl Fuller in the early ‘80s and is also one of North America’s most successful independent restaurant groups. There are about 7,000 employees at 67 locations from Vancouver to Miami. Earls started with a simple idea: a laid-back burger and beer joint. Earls' early success was based on innovation, the best ingredients and great service.
While keeping these core values, Earls has become a trend setting high end restaurant group known for ‘unchaining the chain’ with customized new build locations, and innovative improvements to existing restaurants. We are a force to be reckoned with in the restaurant industry where employees and partners feel a strong sense of pride representing the Earls brand.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health care benefits (including a healthy lifestyle spending account)
- Earls 50% discount card for food and drinks at all Earls Kitchen + Bar and JOEY Restaurants locations
- Leadership programs with career development and opportunity for advancement
- Awards and recognition
- Team building events
- Partner with stakeholders to design, develop, and evaluate learning materials
- Analyze and assess key learning and development needs for the business
- Build and nurture effective relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Coach and develop SME in learning delivery and facilitation
- Collaborate with subject matter experts
- Provide learning program support in the following areas:
- Soliciting feedback and evaluate program content
- Monitor programs to ensure programs meet the needs of the business
- Build and maintain supporting documents, such as job aids, FAQs, or checklists
- Accountable for content support in the following areas:
-- Update and maintain content on intranet system
-- Collect and share department information in a weekly email to stores
-- Push urgent communication to stores
- Diploma or Degree in Adult Education or Instructional Design - or a combination of experience with specialized training in adult learning and instructional design
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a Learning + Development Role
- Demonstrated experience with instructional design methodologies and course development
- Experience with group facilitation and training delivery
- Previous project management experience; specifically related to learning and development projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Must be able to work independently and stay organized to manage multiple priorities
- A great sense of humour
- An organized multitasker with great attention to detail
- Big team player – able to be both a leader and also support those around them
- Experience working in a restaurant
- A serious passion for food – we like to eat around here (sometimes wine is involved)
Be sure to include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Earls is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, free from discrimination. We believe bringing together people of all backgrounds, experiences and abilities is essential to our success, and brings us closer to living our purpose to Make Life Awesome.
All employment decisions inclusive of recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotions and terminations are based on qualifications, competencies and merit, without the consideration of any legally protected ground. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.