Are you resourceful and have attention to detail? Do you like to troubleshoot and solve problems? Earls is looking for a Kitchen & Bar Project Specialist to support our Store Development Team and Operators with Kitchen & Bar equipment repairs, maintenance and replacements.
The primary function of this role is to manage all capital projects, and repairs & maintenance work related to kitchen and bar upgrades within existing stores, as well as assist the Kitchen + Bar designer in creating kitchen designs for new build and renovation projects. Also to support the Kitchen & Bar Designer with management of equipment lists and standards database.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Earls Kitchen + Bar is a family-run business, launched by father and son, Leroy Earl “Bus” Fuller and Stanley Earl Fuller in the early ‘80s and is also one of North America’s most successful independent restaurant groups. There are about 7,000 employees at 67 locations from Vancouver to Miami. Earls started with a simple idea: a laid-back burger and beer joint. Earls' early success was based on innovation, the best ingredients and great service.
While keeping these core values, Earls has become a trend setting high end restaurant group known for ‘unchaining the chain’ with customized new build locations, and innovative improvements to existing restaurants. We are a force to be reckoned with in the restaurant industry where employees and partners feel a strong sense of pride representing the Earls brand.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health care benefits (including a healthy lifestyle spending account)
- Earls 50% discount card for food and drinks at all Earls Kitchen + Bar and JOEY Restaurants locations
- Leadership programs with career development and opportunity for advancement
- Awards and recognition
- Team building events
- Assist the Kitchen + Bar Designer in preparing CAD design plans and construction drawings, including managing and updating kitchen + bar equipment lists.
- Assist the Kitchen + Bar Designer in equipment package estimating, tendering, installation during the construction phase, as well as deficiency and warranty follow up. As well as assisting Kitchen + Bar Designer in completing successful kitchen designs and installations on new build and renovation projects from initial design feasibility study.
- Support Regional Project Specialists to execute all store capital and repairs and maintenance spending on kitchen + bar upgrades within the entire existing restaurant portfolio, including vetting quotes, issuing purchase orders, managing equipment suppliers, and supporting operations staff.
- Manage equipment order sheets, and act as point of contact for equipment inquiries and warranty issues.
- Become a kitchen + bar equipment expert within the Earls organization, providing assistance and guidance to the restaurant culinary and operations teams.
- Travel to existing markets and new build locations as required.
- Liaise and coordinate effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of Back-of-House (BOH) requirements that includes, Project Management, Design Team, Real Estate, Operations, Culinary Development, store General Managers, store Head Chefs, Contractors, material and equipment Suppliers.
- Prepare design and construction drawings in AutoCAD, including equipment list for various Earls projects.
- Monitor progress of project schedules and communicate with key stakeholders.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in the design and construction field within a restaurant, hospitality, or development organization.
- Diploma in Building Technology.
- PMP Certificate an asset.
- Very competent drafting plans in AutoCAD. Familiarity with KCL layering and block would be an asset.
- Ability to read construction drawings, understanding architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical drawings and details.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Resourceful and high level of initiative.
- Great personality and willingness to collaborate and contribute to the Store Development team.
- A sense of humour.
- A serious passion for food - we like to eat around here (sometimes wine is involved).
- Open to personal development and growth.
- The drive to succeed and the passion to be a part of Earls growth.
- Big team player – able to be both a leader and also support those around them.
Be sure to include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Earls is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, free from discrimination. We believe bringing together people of all backgrounds, experiences and abilities is essential to our success, and brings us closer to living our purpose to Make Life Awesome.
All employment decisions inclusive of recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotions and terminations are based on qualifications, competencies and merit, without the consideration of any legally protected ground. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.